I can’t believe it’s taken me so long to write this… actually, yes I can, I’ve been feeling horrible thanks to an experiment with a new (to me) antidepressant and it’s been all side effects, no help.
So. We did Angel’s second BSL (blood sugar level) reading on the 25th. Normal is 8, pre-treatment was above 24, 4th day of treatment it was 15.4, one week later it was 11.1. Her appetite is great, her energy levels are back to normal (never all that high).
We were due to get a curve, which is four readings, four hours apart, on the 28th. Due to various circumstances, not feasible, so we planned to do it for the 30th.
That day was a total failure. We got one good reading half an hour after her morning injection: 6.7. But the second time, we just could not seem to get a reading, despite three pricks on her poor ears and two tests strips in case one was faulty. Already feeling terrible from my meds, I basically crumbled and just couldn’t do anything more for the day.
We regrouped, gave her ears a couple of days to heal (and gave me a couple of days off meds – for the first time, I stopped a prescribed medication myself without waiting to talk to my doctor about it, the side effects had gotten so intolerable) and rescheduled it for the 3rd.
First result, about an hour after her shot: 5.3
Second result, 4 hours later: 6.2
Third result, a further 4 hours later: 4.4 Continue reading